Ladies Singles box league
- To enter the league sign up at reception or contact league organiser – Helen Lawless 0876548577
- Players cannot join mid schedule round but they will be accommodated at the end of the current schedule round.
- Matches will take the form of a pro-set (i.e. first to 8 games, winning by 2) with a regular tiebreak at 7-7. Games will be full games.
- Players should arrange their own matches, which must be played by the schedule end date. Matches after this date will not be taken into consideration.
- The winner must input the result on ebooking software immediately after the match.
- In the case of injury/unavailability please contact the organiser. Due to the promotion/relegation nature of the league, awarding a walkover is unfair to other members of the box. We will do everything to facilitate play of a match & will only consider a walkover if the circumstances warrant it.
Box standings will be determined by the points accumulated.
Points are awarded as follows:-
8/0 (winner gets 20, loser 4)
8/1 (winner gets 19, loser 5)
8/2 (winner gets 18, loser 6)
8/3 (winner gets 17, loser 7)
8/4 (winner gets 16, loser 8)
8/5 (winner gets 15, loser 9)
8/6 (winner gets 14, loser 10)
8/7 (winner gets 13, loser 11)
- At the end of the round, players will be promoted/relegated based on their placing in the group.
- The bottom one or two will be relegated and the top one or two will be promoted.
- At the end of the schedule boxes may be adjusted to accommodate new players joining the league.